Day 79

Monday, July 30 -

I flooded the bathroom this morning. Our drain tends to get clogged, so it's not abnormal for the water to accumulate in the bottom a little bit. It was pretty early in the morning and I was pretty tired so I didn't really notice I was ankle deep in water until I was done with my shower. Then I opened the shower door and there was water all over the bathroom and it seeped out under the door so it was all over the hallway outside the bathroom too. That really sucked. The maintenance people came and fixed it for us, though.

I made it into work (on time, despite the disaster!) and worked on the web. I posted the usual stories about death, destruction and disaster; a fire on a train in India and people getting stuck on a roller coaster (luckily no one was injured in that one). Then I posted one about James Holmes getting charged for his alleged crimes, and later in the day he was officially charged with murder and a bunch of other things. Funny story of the day was the London police (bobbies) lost the keys to an Olympic Venue. They said there was no security threat, but I still thought it was funny. You would think they'd give those keys to someone pretty responsible.

Our last ever international reporting class and internship class was today. We took a trip to the Independent. You could tell they didn't have any sort of tour set up so I couldn't really tell you anything about the office. The building looked nice, though. Afterwards we had class outside in the park and Martin Love talked to us. He's a freelance writer and novelist from the U.S. He's worked in Holland, the Middle East and Vietnam, and he speaks arabic. We walked past a building with an arabic sign on it and he read it. It was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment