Day 10

Tuesday, May 22 -

I had to be at my internship at 8 a.m. this morning... and it takes an entire hour to get there... so I had to get up super early. No bueno. I was supposed to be working with the website guy (who I believe is a Mizzou grad!), and they wanted me to come in early so I had plenty of time to work with him. But I asked and apparently he doesn't leave till 2 and I only need to work 4 hours so I could have easily strolled in at 10 o'clock. Anyway, I get there and he is working from home today! I was kind of disappointed because I was looking forward to it. I got to work with Eurovision instead, which is a news wire service that feeds them video. A description of the video comes up on the Eurovision website so I copy it over into CBS's news system so the producers can read about the video we have.

I had enough time before class to come back home and make myself lunch. I went to the store yesterday and got peanut butter and jelly, but they don't have my brands here so I got weird British brand. Like all of the food here, it tastes weird. Weird bread, weird peanut butter and weird jelly. I miss Jif and Welch's!

In class today I learned that I know absolutely nothing about British history. We took a 'pub' quiz over some reading that no one actually read, where we worked in teams to get an answer and apparently there was supposed to be a keg, which is where the pub part comes in, but we're not that authentic. After the quiz, though, we went over all the answers and I learned so much about England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, the formation of the UK, Britishness, their government and the royal family. A lot of what we talked about happened while I was alive and I would like to know why I never learned about it in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment