Day 6

Friday, May 18 -

I finally got to sleep in today because class wasn't until 2. Normally I don't have anything on Friday's but we were scheduled to go to class this Monday, but CAPA felt the need to have us sit through hours of boring orientation instead and they decided we still needed to go to class, so they moved it to Friday for this week. We ended up getting out early because the building closed at 5, and class was supposed to go until 7:30.

I set out with some people to find shoes, because I need rain boots. I was under the impression that the weather here averaged in the 60s, but it turns out it's actually in the 50s and raining. Every day. It's too cold to wear sandals, my flats just absorb all the water, and my only other shoes are heels which are not ideal for walking extended distances. We went to this place called Primark, which was awesome and super cheap. My rain boots were only 10 pounds (~$17)!!!



We got a bit adventurous with our dinner, and we ate out at this Lebanese place. I got chicken wings and they were delicious. For dessert, I finally got that ice cream I've been craving for several days. It was at some Indian/Moroccan/Lebanese (I don't remember which) place, and it was also delicious.

1 comment: