Day 16

Monday, May 28 -

I headed off to Kensington Palace today! Unfortunately there were no signs of royalty in the premises. The Palace was slightly disappointing because it didn't really look much like a palace. Also, you had to pay to go all the way inside and see the rooms and stuff, and I didn't want to pay so I only saw the front rooms.


On the way there, right inside of the Tube station, was a Ben's Cookies! It's apparently the famous cookie place in London, so I got a double chocolate chip cookie and it was delicious.

After the short palace visit it was class time all evening. We had a guest speaker, a business journalist and Mizzou grad, and he was super interesting. He explained the whole eurozone/Greece debt crisis to us and now it all makes sense (kind of) to me. He also said if Greece leaves the eurozone, the value of the dollar will go up and we will all become much richer here for the reminder of the summer. Greece elections are June 17 so I know who I'm rooting for!

Once that was over it was almost sunset so my friends and I decided to go hop on the London Eye! A lot of people had said the Eye wasn't really worth the money, but it definitely was. The view was amazing.

The sun setting over this building that's next to the Houses of Parliament
The sun setting over London as seen from the London Eye
Looking down the Thames from the London Eye
Westminster Palace and the rest of London
The London Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment