Day 3

Tuesday, May 15 -

We had yet another super long, super boring orientation today. Then we had a few hours to kill before the very first class started. I went to lunch with a group of Mizzou people, and got a BLT. Like all of the food here, it was weird. The mayo wasn't real mayo. It was too creamy. Or maybe back in the US we have the fake mayo and this was actually the real thing.

On our way back to class we got lost. This city isn't laid out like US cities, where the streets are in squares and parallel to each other. If you take a wrong turn here, you can't just walk another block and loop back. We ended up having to ask some guy for directions, and then he started smoking weed while showing us where to go. In the middle of the afternoon. I thought it was strange, but maybe it's a thing here?

I'm really not looking forward to having to attend class while I'm here, but the first class wasn't too bad. We took a field trip to Harrods! It's too bad I'm on a budget or else I would have bought everything in the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment