Day 4

Wednesday, May 16 -

I started my internship at CBS! Getting there was my first time venturing into the streets of London by myself, and it was certainly an adventure.

I had to be at CBS at 10 a.m. Google maps said it would take 35 minutes to get there, so I gave myself a full hour and left my flat at 9 a.m. The Tube station was super crowded, and people were waiting in a line/mob just to get down the escalator to the platforms. I got on the first train and got off at the stop to transfer lines just a few minutes behind schedule. The line I needed to get on branched out in three different directions, and it took about 15 minutes for the direction I needed to go to finally get there. I was really worried it wasn't going to come or I was waiting in the wrong place or something was wrong, so I was very relieved when it finally arrived. The doors closed and the train began to move and they announce that due to engineering services, all trains to Richmond (where I needed to go) have been suspended and this train is rerouted to Wimbledon (not where I needed to go).

This is the worst thing to have happened to me since I was stranded alone in the airport just a few days ago. Also, I still don't have a UK cell phone so I can't call for directions or tell CBS I'm going to be late or anything. I quickly put together a plan B, and switch trains to get off at the stop that (I think) is the next closest to where I need to be. I get to the stop and by this time it's 10 o'clock. I have no idea which direction to go on the road outside of the station, so I take my chances and turn left.

It was wrong. I had to ask some random guy standing by his bike on the street for directions to the road I needed. I make it to that road, and I have to turn onto it. Once again, I don't know the correct way to turn so I take my chances again and turn left.

Wrong again. I walked into some coffee shop and the lady working didn't know where I needed to go, but these two girls ordering did. I'm finally headed in the right direction and I walk by a pay phone. Second time I've used one in my life! I call CBS and tell them I'm on my way, but lost and I'll be there soon. They didn't seem to know what time I was coming in, so no big deal!

At 11 o'clock I finally made it!


Then that night I went to a pub and stole the glass. Successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment