Day 13

Friday, May 25 -

Today was my day off (as is every Friday) and I slept in and spent the day at the Museum of Natural History. It was so cool and I learned so much!

I started off in the dinosaur exhibit. There were tons of different skeletons and fossils.
Huge arms that were bigger than me.
Stegosaurus!
They had all this hype for the T-Rex exhibit, and then it was just a robot. It was pretty terrifying, though. Apparently, if T-Rex tripped, the force of the fall would be enough to kill it.
Tail of a dinosaur. The club at the end was bigger than my head.
The skull of my favorite dinosaur, parasaurolophus! 
After the dinosaurs I moved on to the mammals. Most of the displays showed the evolutionary past of the animals, and some even had models of what the ancestors looked like.

HUGE whale. It took up the whole entire room.
Inside of a dog!

After that I moved into the Darwin Centre, where actual scientists work and do research. They had tons of different animals on display in cases of formaldehyde. It was pretty gross but also super interesting to look at.
An octopus
Some kind of fish skeleton.
A snake
Next we went into the human biology exhibit. There were really cool displays on human development and how the brain works and all that stuff. It brought back memories of AP biology!

Apparently, that is how much blood is in your body. 
There was still the whole other side of the museum to explore, but they were closing as I was halfway through the human biology exhibit. It was supposed to be a late night, which is where the museum stays open a few extra hours, but apparently what they do is close almost all the exhibits so theres only a few places you can go. It looked like they were serving dinner and drinks and it looked like fun, so I'll have to go to one sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment