Day 12

Thursday, May 24 -

I thought getting to work at 8 in the morning was early... but today I had to be there at 6:45, so I had to leave my flat at 5:45. There were actually a lot of people out that early in the morning, and also the sun was already up.

I went out on a shoot for Jubilee stuff, and we started at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich. It is opening up a new exhibit about the Thames and we needed video of some picture. After that we had about an hour to kill before an interview, so we sat on the lawn of the museum and chatted and tanned!

Apparently CBS London only has about 7 staff members, and everyone else is freelance. Most of the people who are now freelance used to be staff members, but a few years ago they had huge budget cuts and slashed around 40% of the staff. Then she was telling me about the crazy life of the correspondents, how they're always on call and can really be sent anywhere at anytime with little or even no notice.

After the interview, I basically got a free tour around London! They needed footage of Jubilee-esque things, so we went to all the tourist spots with extravagant Jubilee displays. While the camera man was getting some shots, the desk assistant and I went into shops and looked around. She told me it was an example of what not to do during a shoot. She also said shoots were not usually this relaxing and laid back. It took all day, though, we didn't get back until almost 5. Yay for 10 hour work days!
UK flags hanging down Oxford Street

The Queen made out of Legos!


Bunting at Sloan Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment