Day 8

Sunday, May 20 -

I've been here a full week now, so I tied on my walking shoes (because yesterday I wore flats and I think my feet were a step away from falling off) and set out to explore London by myself!

I walked to Trafalgar Square and took some pictures, and watched some little girl get attacked by pigeons because she was feeding them bread.
Then I walked around towards St. James's Park. I didn't actually know where I was though, so I didn't know that I was by Buckingham Palace.

I was hungry so I stopped into a Cafe Nero, which I would compare to Starbucks, and got myself a milkshake thing and a Belgium chocolate brownie! They were both delicious.
After drinking the whole milkshake, though, I really had to go to the bathroom, or should I say loo, and they don't do the whole 'free bathroom' thing here, so I had to pay 30p to go! It was a weird experience, but the bathroom was pretty nice. I found myself on Oxford street which is filled with different shops, so I went into a few. It turned out to be pretty depressing because I really wanted to buy everything but I'm trying to stick to a budget. I really should have chosen to study somewhere where the dollar has more value.

Oxford street was very busy and there was tons of stuff going on, but I turned a corner and all of a sudden it was empty and quiet. It's so cool how one minute you can be in the hustle and bustle of a city and then next you're in a quiet residential area. I'm really proud of myself because I walked around and found my way back home without being totally lost and having to just get on a Tube to the right station.

I walked across Millennium Bridge which looks terrifying to walk across but it has a great view!

No comments:

Post a Comment