Day 48

Friday, June 29 -

Today was one of my co-intern's last day, so I went into work with her to say bye and get pizza to celebrate the web guy's promotion. He made a little speech and it was super interesting because it sounds like they are trying to restructure their whole web team to put more emphasis on getting things to the web and making web extras. It all just reinforced everything they tell me in school about how the web is the new thing and everything needs to be web first, so I'm glad my school isn't lying to me.

Afterward I went to Borough Market. They had a lot of exotic foods, like kangaroo burgers, and I'm not really a fan of all that, but it was still pretty good! I had a Bratwurst and some delicious ice cream.


In the evening I went to a Zoo Late. They open up the zoo for a few hours in the evening and host little shows, have music, serve drinks, and people even dress up like animals. Plus it's 18+ only, so there are no screaming children! It's basically a giant excuse for adults to come to the zoo and act like kids. It was a lot of fun! It was kind of a rip off, though, because it went from 6-10pm, but a lot of the animals bedtimes were 9 or 9:30, so there wasn't enough time to see everything.

Fishies at the zoo!
A seahorse 
Little starfish
Lots of fish
My new friend
A big fish 
A sucker fish 
Fish hanging out in the sea grass
Fish just floating around. They weren't moving at all.
Stingrays
A very large butterfly 
Another butterfly
Awesome blue parrots 
Another parrot 
Baboon! 
A baby baboon! 
Lioness
Lion
Lion cubs
Donkey 
Some sort of lizard 
An iguana
A snake 
Lots of penguins
A penguin 
Penguins and all the people gathered to see the penguin show
People dancing to music, but wearing headphones so the loud music doesn't disturb the animals
Sleeping monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment