Day 64

Sunday, July 15 -

My plan was to spend the day writing the six page paper that is due in two days. So naturally I spent the time to upload pictures to facebook, update my blog and read my book. I've been reading the last two books in the Shopaholic series and it's super cool because they take place in London and I recognize a lot of the places she talks about! I did take a break from procrastinating to take a walk and collect photos of phone booths for my project due next week (not waiting until the last minute). It's part of this charity/art project called BT ArtBox.

Phone booth with people/characters
iPhone phone booth!
Monster phone booth
Back of the monster phone booth
Big Ben phone booth with the real Big Ben in the background
There's even people in the windows! The Queen, Will and Kate are on the top
Mirror people phone booth
The people are made out of mirror pieces
Long Live
Love Life
London Calling
Joe Clash
It's called 'Shocking Conversation'
The sun came out, so I ended up taking a really long walk around the city. I went over to tower bridge to see the Olympic rings! Less than two weeks until they start!


But then I stumbled on this street art that I think more accurately reflects a lot of Londoner's views of the Games; less than thrilled and worried about the stress it will cause.


But on the way back to my flat, these people asked me for directions and I knew where to send them! They were like to me, 'Where's the really tall building?' And I was like, 'Oh, the Shard!' and sent them down the road to it. I'm a real Londoner now!

No comments:

Post a Comment