Day 51

Monday, July 2 -

Apparently shops in the UK don't do the whole have-a-sale-every-day thing. They just all have one huge sale in June/July and then another in December/January. So that's going on right now. I got myself out of bed bright and early to shop my heart out all morning before class! I was finally prepared for the weather and wore rainboots and brought my umbrella with me (because it fits in my new purse). I went back to Primark, which was still a zoo even on a Monday morning. I got a lot of cute stuff for not a lot of money!

I had to end my shopping trip to go to class, which really wasn't as exciting as shopping. The tube was ridiculous getting there. It took forever for the train to come, and when it finally did it was packed the whole way there. In class we talked about documentaries, and Henry Singer and Beadie Finzi came to talk to us. Documentaries definitely aren't at the top of my favorite things list, and the thought of making one just sounds awful to me, so I didn't think it was the most exciting class ever. Both speakers were interesting, though, and had a lot of great stories to share.

I did my laundry today, and I almost had the absolute worst experience of my life. My clothes needed to go to the dryer, but all the dryers were full. One of them was stopped, but still had clothes in it. Since there's only five washing and drying machines for the building of at least 100 students, I feel like people really need to be on top of their laundry. So I took the clothes out of the dryer that was stopped and put them on the ironing board in the room. Half way through doing this, some guy walks in and starts looking at the machine for his clothes. I had a brief panic attack because I was sure it was his laundry I was moving. I asked him if they were his clothes, and thankfully he said no. I was so relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment