Day 49

Saturday, June 30 -

When I woke up in the middle of the afternoon, our power was out. I couldn't shower because the bathroom had no light, and I couldn't make breakfast/lunch because the fridge was out and I didn't want to open it and let out the cold air and none of the appliances worked. So I was forced to go to the market down the road with my roommate. I got an organic beef burger and ice cream made with British goat's milk. It was delicious! I got back and then the guy came to fix our power (probably the fastest they've ever responded to one of our emergencies) so I could shower and start my day!

I was planning on going to the market, but by the time I was actually ready to go it was about to close. So I went with some friends to ride bikes in the park instead. The plan was to rent a Barclays Bike from one of the many stands they have all over the city. One girl put in her card and rented out four bikes (the max you can put on one card), but there were five of us so we just needed one more. It wouldn't take my card or my friend's card, then it wouldn't print out the fourth receipt we needed, and then the machine broke down, so we ended up with three bikes. It was all very frustrating.

Three of the girls went on the planned bike ride, and me and my friend met up with our other friend who came with us but didn't want to ride a bike, and we rented out a paddle boat! We really got lucky because it was such a beautiful day, for once.

The lake in Hyde Park we paddle boated on
Just floating in the lake
So many ducks! 
The lake in Hyde Park

No comments:

Post a Comment