Day 50


Sunday, July 1 -


I ventured back to East London and went to Spitalfields market! They had some really cool stuff; food, clothes, accessories, art, and I got a really cute dress. After wandering around the market for awhile, my friends and I left to find the flower market. The tube line we needed to ride to get there was down for service, so we had to take the bus. After spending a long time reading the bus map, getting on the wrong bus and having to walk back to get on the right one, we finally arrived at our destination.

At the flower market

The flower market was super crowded, but they had so many pretty flowers for really cheap! I didn't get any, but my roommate got some that are now sitting in our kitchen. We left the market and wandered around the area for a little while, and we stumbled upon the Hackney City Farm.

Chickens wandering around in the city farm
Very large pig
The ducks deciding it's time to go
Excuse them
A rooster
The garden at the city farm
A pretty flower in the garden
We wandered around a little bit more after that, in a part of town that was pretty quiet and didn't really even feel like London anymore. We found a bus stop that the bus we needed came to and we sat down to wait. And wait. For the bus that never came. The electronic sign told us seven more minutes for about 20 minutes. We ended up getting on one that went to Oxford Circus, so half of us went shopping there and the other half got on the tube that's near there.

We shopped at this store called Primark which is tied with Cath Kidston as the best store ever. Primark is like Forever 21, but cheaper and London exclusive. It's where I got my awesome rain boots (Wellies). The only problem is there is always 3498574098379 people in there, and it's pretty much a zoo. I got two cute shirts and a cross body bag (finally, I've been borrowing my roommate's for the past few days), so now I'll be able to carry my little umbrella with me everywhere and I'll always be prepared for the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment