Day 63

Saturday, July 14 -

I went to Windsor Castle, the Queen's favorite of her many estates. Unfortunately, she was not in (or maybe she was and just didn't come out to say hi). It was still pretty cool!

Windsor Castle
Windsor Castle
Castle window
I would like a garden like this in my castle
More of the garden
Windsor castle from inside the wall
Looking down at the town
The Queen's cannon! It came off of a ship
More of the castle
One of the few things we could see inside was Queen Mary's Dolls' House.. It was pretty spectacular. The doll house was huge and detailed, all the little furniture pieces were hand carved and the little paintings were by real artists. And of course we couldn't take pictures. The only other thing we got to see inside was the State Apartments. I was kind of disappointed we couldn't see more, but I guess the Queen needs her privacy.

For lunch/dinner we ate at the Duchess of Cambridge! Kate wasn't there, though. No royal family sightings for me. The food was great though, so I really hope Kate has tried it out before.

Kate's pub!
On the way home, we took a little nap on the train so we were refreshed and ready to run out the door to the bar before happy hour ended. We made it with about 60 seconds to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment