Day 52

Tuesday, July 3 -

Tuesday is web day! I posted a lot of stories today. I think I'm getting better at headline writing because I felt like the web guy didn't edit them as much as normal. I posted a story about the Barclays boss resigning, the arrest of a suspected al Qaeda financer and recruiter, and a ground breaking story about a 3-year-old who ate his grandma's pot cookies. I also posted this story about a bombing in an Iraq market, but the story has since been updated. I used my journalism skills to research more about a great white shark sighting that closed a California beach, added two paragraphs to the story and posted it. The paragraphs I added are about when the beach will reopen and the paragraph that links to the other shark video.

I also helped look up more information about this flipping ship that was shown on the BBC. I don't know how much I actually helped, but I found the press release and this awesome youtube video of the U.S. Navy's FLIP (Floating Instrument Platform) ship. It's SO COOL.


Here's the CBS video, if you want to hear the actual news part.

In class this afternoon all we did was talk about the Olympics and Londoner's attitudes toward the Olympics. I got the impression the the majority of Londoners are really not looking forward to the games and definitely not the crowds that will come with it. Next week we're going on a tour of an Olympic site so that will be much more exciting than sitting in a classroom for several hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment