Day 60

Wednesday, July 11 -

I spent a considerable amount of time this morning reading stories about people getting eaten by sharks (almost), alligators and tigers. And then I got to do something meaningful and go out and buy the 50th Anniversary Rolling Stones book! Their 50th anniversary is tomorrow, so CBS is working on a story for it.

When I got back from the shopping excursion, I managed to sit back at the news desk in time for one of the correspondents to go live from the bureau! He was doing a story about London residents protesting Olympic safety measures, and if you look in the background on the left you can see me!

After that, the other intern and I had to move old tapes into boxes. The tapes were all from the Baghdad bureau and were all being stored in this room. I guess they are working on clearing it out, so we had to put all the tapes in numerical order into this box. They were all dusty and it was gross. And there were hundreds of tapes. We ran out of boxes before we ran out of tapes.

Then I got to go out on a shoot to The Rolling Stone's 50th Anniversary photo exhibition! All we filmed was the correspondent's stand-up for the package and some b-roll of the photos. It was cool to see the exhibition and not have to fight any crowds!

The 50th Anniversary book I had to buy (I didn't buy this particular one, but this it what it looks like)
Photo in The Rolling Stones photo exhibition
Another photo in The Rolling Stones photo exhibition
I also worked on finding a new route into work because the Tube is becoming unbearable. It's been super hot in the Tube every day, even though it's actually cold outside, and it's getting more and more crowded. It's only going to get worse too, because the line I take to work is filled with Olympic sites. I found a way home on the Southwest Trains. The actual train ride is shorter than the Tube, but the station is about a 15 minute walk from work, so the total travel time is about the same. The train is so much nicer than the Tube, even though it was pretty crowded when I got on it to head home and had to stand for half the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment