Day 61

Thursday, July 12 -

I took my new route in to work! I don't have it worked out yet, because the trains don't come every two minutes like the Tube. It only comes around every 15ish minutes. I ended up being several minutes late, but I didn't miss anything.

The Rolling Stones 50th anniversary was today and I went to go help out with the live shot. It was in the middle of Oxford Street by a bank that used to be the club where The Rolling Stones played their first show. I had to help with crowd control because there's always tons of people all over Oxford Street. It's probably not the most ideal location for a live shot.

Covering up all the cords with little carpets and tape so no one trips
I was strategically placed next to the equipment so that no one would accidentally run into it or accidentally (or purposely, really) walk right in front of the camera. Luckily everything went smoothly!

When I got back I used my professional intern skills to photocopy a bunch of Olympic maps. I actually got the Xerox machine to sort the papers, unlike last time. The maps were labeled diagrams of 20 Olympic sites, so I made myself a copy, too, so I can use my Olympic accreditations to their full potential whenever I get that.

It was a busy afternoon because afterwards, I helped the research assistant (I asked her what her actual job title is, and she said she didn't really know) look up some information about the Costa Concordia. One of the correspondents is in Italy working on a piece about it and needed some background information. I think I'm an expert on the subject now!

I was published in TNT magazine! My roommate is interning there, so she interviewed me for this money piece she has to do every week. It sounds like a conflict of interest, since she's my roommate, but that's just the standards of journalism they have on this side of the pond! Also, her boss specifically told her to interview her friends. And now my great advice is published in a real magazine, right above Beyonce!



No comments:

Post a Comment