Day 65

Monday, July 16 -

The cleaning people decided to come in at 8:30 in the morning and clean. So... that was cool. I wanted to sleep in. But on the bright side they actually cleaned. Usually they just kind of throw water on the floor of the bathroom and leave it at that, but today it was some guy and he was actually scrubbing. And they took out the trash (rubbish)!

I went to Harrods in the morning and shopped around. It was actually kind of depressing because everything is pretty far out of my price range. I saw this ceramic structure of a flamingo that I think would look nice in my living room, and it was only like a thousand pounds. If only my internship was paid!

In class we took a trip to Fleishman-Hillard. The company is based in St. Louis and it was interesting to hear the global aspect of the PR stuff they do there. They had several different people from different departments present to us. My favorite was the lady from HR because she had great advice for what people in HR look for when hiring people. Most people in our group are going to be seniors in the fall (two will be completely done as soon as the program is over), so I'm just glad I have a few semesters left before I have to start worrying about what I'm actually going to do with my life.

This is our awkward class photo, taken by one of the Fleishman-Hillard people at the request of our teacher. That's the HR lady presenting to us. Look at how attentive we are!

We got out of class early, and good thing because I needed that extra time to start the paper I procrastinated all day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment