Day 20

Friday, June 1 -

I sacrificed my Friday off to help begin Jubilee coverage. I spent the morning at Buckingham Palace where Erica Hill came to co-host the morning show live from London! Thankfully, the morning show is in New York time so I didn't have to be there at 4 in the morning.

I had to sit in as a model while they tested all the technical stuff again. Then Erica Hill and everyone else from New York showed up! She was super nice, and she mentioned me in a tweet!!!!!


The day went straight down the hill after that. Apparently, there was tons of stuff going on at the bureau so they sent me back there to help out. I was really disappointed for three reasons. First, they were about to do the changing of the guards, and we had a great location over looking the whole thing, but I'd have to miss it. Second, they were about to do the morning show live and I wanted to watch. And third, there was free food.

To make it even worse, once I got to the bureau there was absolutely nothing going on. I pretty much just sat around waiting for someone to need help with something. I measured a table (twice because the first time I wrote down inches, but they use the metric system over here), typed out what the BBC covered during their afternoon newscast, and texted an interview. This interview didn't come in until about an hour before I was supposed to leave, and of course it took forever, so I ended up having to stay late.

No comments:

Post a Comment