Day 26

Thursday, June 7 -

Today was my 10th day in a row at work. It has been very slow and calm now that the Jubilee is over. I spent the day monitoring Eurovision (just copying the video descriptions they send in into our system) and logging a few really short interviews. I did learn a very valuable skill: how to use the lamination machine. The other intern needed to laminate some papers, so she showed me how. In exchange, I showed her how to use the copy machine. Yay for teamwork!

We had a class field trip in the evening to the National Portrait Gallery, because our normal class time was during the Jubilee and we got a holiday. We went to see The Queen: Art & Image exhibition. It took about 20 minutes to go through and I was expecting a little bit more to be there, but it was still pretty cool!

Queen Elizabeth II by Andy Warhol
A picture of the Queen made up of little pictures of Princess Diana
A portrait of the Queen made out of plastic things
The National Portrait Gallery was having one of their late night things, so they were open late with music and drinks. After I went through the Queen's exhibition I got myself a glass of wine and looked at some of the other portraits in the gallery. I felt so classy!


And, of course, I took the wine glass with me when I left.

My glass collection. I am now on the hunt for a sharpie so I can label them before I forget where each one is from.


No comments:

Post a Comment