Day 37

Monday, June 18 -

I had every intention to go watch the changing of the guards this morning before class, but when my alarm went off at 9 a.m. I decided a few more hours of sleep would be so much better. So I got plenty of sleep, made soup, tea and orange juice for breakfast, but I'm still not feeling better. And my voice sounds horrible.

I had class in an actual class room for the first time in several weeks. We watched this documentary called Tabloid, about this lady who was accused of kidnapping and raping this guy. The message we were supposed to be receiving from this film was about media portrayal of things. All I can say about this film is it was weird. Then we had a guest speaker who does advertising sales for several magazines here and is a Mizzou grad. She brought her fiancee along who does international media stuff for Ford of Europe. They had a lot of stuff to say about media in the U.S. vs. the U.K. and differences in the workplace. They were super interesting and had a lot of great advice. They also brought us free stuff!



Since class is about 4 hours long and goes until 7 in the evening, I usually start to starve in the middle of it so I went to the grocery store and bought myself a snack. I was really just looking for some Doritos or Sun Chips or something, but none of my favorite brands exist here so I got these things called Hula Hoops. They pretty much tasted just like potatoes, with no flavoring or anything, but they were really good! I was looking at the ingredients on the back and unlike all American foods with a million different things listed, mostly weird chemicals and other things I can't pronounce, these Hula Hoops had like five ingredients and I could pronounce all of them. They could also fit on my fingers and were fun to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment