Day 33

Thursday, June 14 -

I got to work on the web again today! And good thing because the other interns had to log the Leveson Inquiry which lasted for about 7 hours. I already did my fair share of all day logging during the Jubilee.

I posted this story about home foreclosures, and I had such a hard time coming up with a headline because I know nothing about home foreclosures and mortgages and really anything that has to do with houses and money.

The web guy asked me if I liked baseball, and I was like "eh, not really a sports person." He was like, "Oh, okay," and gave me this story about baseball to post. I was just like, "Great!' because I know less about baseball than I know about home foreclosures and repossessions. Someone very wise once told me that what makes a great employee is someone who will still do a good job doing the things they may not really want to do. So I sucked it up and wrote a pretty good headline. Pretty good in the sense that the web guy didn't change very much of it when he approved it.

Third time's the charm because I finally got to post an interesting story about the Japanese tsunami dock! I actually really like the headline I came up for this one, the only changes the web guy made to them was taking out words like 'the' and 'a,' AND it's an interesting story!

Since today was my full day at work I was still around to listen to the web conference call. It lasted forever and the web guy even got up and left the room at one point. They basically talked about every story they posted on the web. I think it's really important to have such open lines of communication and make sure everyone knows whats going on, but whose attention span lasts that long?

The rest of the afternoon was pretty slow, so I got to leave work a few minutes early and ride the tube home with my co-interns!

No comments:

Post a Comment