Day 40

Thursday, June 21 -

I worked with Newspath again today, and this time I got to go out on a shoot! We were still covering the Julian Assange story because the Ecuador Embassy was supposed to make an announcement about their decision. All they ended up announcing, though, was that they would make an announcement in a few days. There wasn't much going on during the shoot, but since I was in the newsroom yesterday, it was interesting to see what happens on the other side.

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to not wear a jacket to work, because it was supposed to be almost 70 degrees. Last time it was that warm I brought a jacket and I was so hot and I ended up having to carry it around everywhere and it was so annoying. I really should have just done that because the weather changes so fast here. One minute the sun is out, the next it's pouring down rain. I would have been fine if I didn't leave the newsroom, but it was so cold and windy outside and it kept raining and it sucked.

The Ecuadorian Embassy. Julian Assange was inside, British police and Assange supporters were hanging around outside.
A WikiLeaks spokes person came out to make a statement. That's all the press on the left.

The press pen across the street from the Embassy

Assange's friend came out to make a statement and got surrounded by the press.
I had to leave the shoot early(ish... we were really just sitting around waiting for something to happen) so I could hop on the Megabus and head to Paris for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment