Day 36

Sunday, June 17 -

I finally caught the bug that's been getting everyone sick. I've been drinking lots of tea and orange juice and chocolate, so hopefully I'll get better soon. But probably not, because the weather continuously sucks here.

I took a break from paper writing/being lazy to take a walk in Hyde Park! The sun even came out for awhile so it was very nice and relaxing!

Hyde Park
A statue in Hyde Park 
Pretty blue flowers
Pretty pink flowers
Red, white and blue flowers 
The canal that goes through Hyde Park

Italian Garden
A duck making it's nest
Royal Albert Hall
Albert Memorial 
Detail shot of the fence around the Albert Memorial. It's so bright and shiny!
Cool pavilion. Apparently a company designs a new one every year
Pretty red flowers

Another cool statue

Princess Diana Memorial Fountain
Afterward, I was going to go to the market that's right by where I live to buy some fresh food for dinner, but it closed 30 minutes before I got there. So, I settled for my 99 pence pizza I got at the store the other day. It was the first time I used the oven here, and I think it turned out great! Unfortunately we have no oven mitts in this flat, so I was really worried about how I would get the pizza out of the oven. I used my towel to slide the tray thing in the oven forward, and then used the spatula to flip the pizza right out of the oven and right on to my plate. I sense a professional pizza flipping job in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment