Day 46

Wednesday, June 27 -

Today was the slowest news day I have ever experienced. All I did all morning was log the video feed of the Queen's visit to Northern Ireland and her handshake with former IRA leader. Usually the video feeds I have to log last several hours, so I was very relieved this one was about 20 minutes long.

Usually people just eat their lunch at their desk, so no one really has a lunch break. But today was super nice out, so me and one of the other interns actually left the office to have lunch outside. It was like experiencing a whole new world! The business park we work in sets up an inflatable arena to play football (soccer) in, so people play football during their lunch break. They had a referee and everything.

Nothing was happening during the afternoon either. A lot of people took the day off or were in meetings or something, because no one was around the news desk. The phones weren't even ringing. Me and the other intern decided to take a walk around the whole office.

The hall of offices 
The news room! 
The anchor desk
The screens on the news desk!
The whole walk only took up about 35 minutes. We ended up leaving an hour early because there was just nothing happening. Me and my co-intern decided to go shopping at this awesome place called Cath Kidston. It's my new favorite store ever. It's like the Vera Bradley of the UK, but slightly less expensive. I got myself a little umbrella that will fit in my purse so I can be prepared every time it rains. We shopped around some of the other shops in the area, which is one station away from where we work, and there were some really cool shops. After that, we ventured a little closer to home to this huge two story souvenir shop. It was a great end to a slow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment