Day 27

Friday, June 8 -

FINALLY had a day off today. The fire alarm went off again sometime in the late-ish morning. It's gone off so many times I just ignore it now, so if it's ever for real I'll be out of luck.

Eventually I made it out of bed and I went out to go get myself some euros! The exchange rate was nice. They are worth less than pounds so it was like I was getting richer, but they're still worth more than dollars so I'm really not. I almost found sharpies, too, but they only had blue, green and pink and not black.

I made it back to the Natural History Museum to finish the half I didn't get to last time. I Started with the creepy crawly exhibit, which was disgusting but fascinating. Thankfully they didn't have many spiders, but they did have a lot of scorpions. Apparently they are good with lemon?


Giant sloth skeleton model
There was also a evolution of humans exhibit which was super interesting. I accidentally went through backwards, though, so it was more like the devolution.

Charles Darwin
After that I went into the rocks and minerals section, which was basically a gigantic room filled with every single rock and mineral that exists.

A bunch of gemstones that glow different colors under ultra violet light.
Rocks from SPACE
Some sort of rare mineral
Really big gemstones

The main hall of the Natural History Museum
There was also a giant sequoia in the museum. It was HUGE and about 3,000 years old. There is a timeline on the tree that lists some of the major events that happened during the trees lifetime, starting somewhere around year 300. It survived through quite a lot of things. It reminded me of the Sequoia National Park in California I went to this one time.


For dinner I went to this Mexican restaurant with my friends. I ordered some tacos, thinking they would come out with a plate as big as my face filled with food. Apparently I'm still too used to American portion sizes. The waiter came back with the food and put this little tiny plate with two little tiny tacos down in front of me. I almost laughed, I couldn't believe how small they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment