Day 38

Tuesday, June 19 -

I was scheduled to work with Newspath today, which does things for CBS affiliate stations, but they apparently don't do the whole 'come to work early' thing. There weren't any more computers open at the news desk, so I got to work on web!

I posted a story about the colorado wildfire. It was really difficult to come up with three headlines about it because there are already a million stories on our website, and this one only contained one new piece of information. Then I posted another Syria story, and this one required actual journalism skills! We got two wires about it, so I got to combine them into one and write the headlines.

It was actually beautiful outside today, so I found myself a ledge under a tree and enjoyed my lunch outside before class started. I had headphones in and I was reading a book, too, so I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around me. Then all of a sudden I see something out of the corner of my eye, and I turn and there is this cute, fluffy black dog right next to me! It scared me half to death but it was so cute and it looked so happy. Then it's owner called it back and apologized to me and I felt bad for being shocked that there was this random dog next to me when I really just wanted to hug it and take it home with me.

Class was in the actual classroom, for the second time in a row. We talked about multiculturalism and watched some movie about Muslims living in London. It was interesting but not as cool as our field studies.

In other news... a cow was running loose at Mizzou today. It's really too bad I wasn't there to see all that excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment