Day 31

Tuesday, June 12 -

It was back to the grind after a fun weekend out of the country! I worked on the web today at work and posted these stories about a fine for swearing in Massachusetts, a dutch hacker pleading not guilty to a bunch of stuff, and a bunch of health insurance companies pledging to keep parts of Obama's health care law even if it's repealed. I wrote the headlines for them, too, so pay the most attention to those.

I had to run to CAPA after work to print out my Jubilee analysis paper. It's so annoying that we have to actually do the study part of study abroad. It's even more annoying when we have to print stuff. It seems like such an easy task, but it's really not. Our teacher told us she wanted a hard copy on Friday night, we were all out of the country for the weekend, and most of us work Tuesday morning. So there wasn't a lot of time to fit in going all the way to CAPA to print a paper. I think the most annoying part is that there is a printer in the building we live in, but we're not allowed to use it because it's for the Notre Dame students. Are we not paying to live here too?

For class we went on a walking tour of the South Bank, which is where we all live. I'm really glad we had this tour because I walk past all these things every day but I've never stopped to go in them or either figure out what they are.

This cool Festival of the World thing
Another cool festival of the world thing
Colorful sand so they can make a beach!
A tree made out of fabrics from all over the world, for the Festival of the World thing
Some guy making something out of sand. It looked like a hand with a starfish on it.
The view from across the river
The inside of a restaurant on the top of this building with a great view over the river
The Globe Theatre!
I was supposed to go on a Jack the Ripper walking tour in the evening, but the tube was running super late so I missed it. That was pretty disappointing, but in the station there was a shop that sold sharpies! I have my glass collection labeled so I'll never forget where they came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment