Day 25

Wednesday, June 6 -

Last night, my supervisor said to me, "I'm not going to be there in the morning, so you can come in whenever you want!" I really took her up on that and went in an hour later than normal. I had perfect timing, too, because as soon as I worked in they sent me off on a shoot!

Clarissa Ward did a live shot in front of Buckingham Palace to talk about how the Jubilee is over and they are cleaning everything up now. I had the awesome job of holding the reflector, so if you watch this video, I am actually standing right off to the side and if I took one step forward I'd be in the shot! I also got to watch the changing of the guards while I was there. It was kind of funny because they were marching around, the band was playing and there was a crowd gathered to watch, and the live shot was supposed to be about how there was nothing going on anymore. Luckily, they finished before we were live.



After that we got sent off to get some video of this site where they found remains of the original Wooden O Theatre. It turned out to be super sketchy though. Apparently, the remains were found about 8 months ago, and they are just now releasing the information. The people who came to meet us were all developers who wanted to build up this site with shops and make it kind of a museum thing. It sounded pretty far fetched to say the remains are the Wooden O Theatre. The remains were covered up to preserve them, so there was nothing to see either.

Under this cement is supposedly the remains of the actual Wooden O Theatre!

No comments:

Post a Comment