Day 39

Wednesday, June 20 -

I wore a dress, sandals, no jacket and I even broke a little bit of a sweat walking to the tube station this morning. Except it was only 70 degrees, so I'll probably have a heat stroke once I get back home. Happy first day of summer!

I lucked out somehow and I didn't have to be at work until noon! But, of course, the fire alarm went off around 8 a.m. It's a really good thing that the fire department doesn't have to come every time the alarm goes off, because that would get so expensive so fast. I'm pretty sure this time someone just burnt their toast.

But sleeping in came with a price. The whole Julian Assange thing happened last night, so they (Newspath, who I actually got to work with today) went out to cover that story early. Since it happened so late the night before, they couldn't plan for it and one of the other interns got to go out on the shoot with them. I got to stay in the newsroom and help monitor the story, as well as the Toulouse hostage story, and watch the producer write and edit the story. It was very interesting, but it's always more fun outside of the newsroom.

After work I was super productive and I did my laundry! Laundry here is such a pain. There is only one little tiny laundry room for this whole building, with 5 washers and dryers, and only 4 of them take coins. All of them were broken over the weekend, so there's been a line for them every day this whole week. While I was waiting I wrote all my papers for next week!

Henry, our pet mouse who was at the window several weeks ago, made another appearance last night and this evening. I was really relived because I thought he had died. Apparently his friend is living with the girls upstairs, and he's actually inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment